Good News! St. Damian has been certified to proceed in Phase 2 of Reopening. The Sacrament of Reconciliation, baptisms, funerals and weddings can now be scheduled for approximately 80 seats, at 15% church capacity.
• Mass Registration: The Parish Mail Chimp email containing the Sign Up Genius link to Save A Seat for Mass will always be sent out the Wednesday prior to Masses at 10:30AM. If you do not see the email, check your SPAM or PROMOTIONS folder.
• Daily Mass is open to the public on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:00AM.
No registration will be required for attendance.
• Reopen Team Volunteers are needed to make our Reopen a success. The more Team Members we have, the more Masses we will be able to offer. Team Members are needed to facilitate Baptisms, weddings, and funerals as well. We also would like to schedule prayer time and Eucharistic Adoration in the future.
• The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available Saturdays from 3:30-4:30PM. The Sacrament will not be offered on Saturday, July 4.
• What to Expect: The Archdiocese has prepared an informational pamphlet "What to Expect" for Worshipers. Please read through this before coming to the church to familiarize yourself with the guidelines we must follow.
To see all the Reopening News or to volunteer to help, click here.
Congratulations to Fr. Martin Marulanda! Martin was ordained a priest Monday, June 29, 2020 at St. John Brebeuf in Niles with 6 of his classmates. The ordination can be viewed on YouTube here:
Fr. Martin will celebrate a Mass of Thanksgiving at St. Damian Church on Sunday, July 5 at 9:30AM Mass. First Blessings will be given after Mass. Mass Sign Ups will be emailed on Weds. July 1st.
Fr. Marulanda will serve Our Lady of Tepeyac in Chicago beginning in July.
Link to July 4/5 Bulletin
Beginning Friday June 26, 2020 SHOP will be available in person in the School Main Entrance Vestibule. See more here.
Went Back to Mass and didn't like it? Watch this!
Please Help Restock our Food Pantry
The good works of the Food Pantry continues, but our shelves are emptying quickly. Help us restock our shelves by donating non-perishable food items in the large blue plastic bin located in the alcove of St. Damian School's entrance closest to the church. The bin will be available 24/7. Staff and volunteers will check the bin throughout the day. Currently, large soups, chili and canned vegetables are needed in particular. Thank you for your generosity!
9:00 am: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
No registration required
Sat: 5:00 pm
Sun: 9:30 & 11:30 am
Through June, Sat. 2-4pm
No Confessions Sat. July 4, 2020
Sat: 3:30 to 4:30 pm
Retired in Residence
Office Manager/Parish Secretary
Director of Maintenance
Director of Finance
Director of Healing Ministry
Director of Religious Education
Family Ministry/Bulletin Editor