Religious Education for Children
Welcome to St. Damian Religious Education Ministry!
You have made a wonderful decision to share your Catholic faith with the child God has entrusted to your care. The stories and tradition, beliefs and practices, rituals and celebrations are the treasures of our Catholic faith that provide the wisdom and guidance needed to live the Christian life in our world today and in the future generations to come.
As the Catechetical Team of St. Damian – Pastor, Priests, Director and Catechists – we are assisting you in this endeavor. We hope to enhance what you are modeling in your own family life. Full cooperation between all of us – Child, Parent and Parish – is essential as we open the channel for the Holy Spirit to work in our lives. Parents are the primary teachers and witnesses of faith to their children. But you can’t teach what you do not know --- and you certainly cannot witness something that you do not practice. And the same holds true for us as Catechists – this is a combined effort for the next generation which is the hope for the Church.
The expectation is that everyone attends Mass on a regular basis! That means every Saturday or Sunday as a family. Celebrating liturgy as the family of God and receiving the Blessed Sacrament is the most important event for Catholics! Everything we are stems from this – it is the life of our Church! If you haven’t been participating in liturgy please join – there is always room at God’s table. If you’ve been attending Mass regularly please welcome those who are new.
- Religious Education sessions are held on Monday evenings 6:45pm – 8pm. Children are expected to attend all sessions for the full period of time. Parents are to walk their child into the building and pick them up from their classrooms. No child will be dismissed without a parent or guardian safely taking them to the parking lot.
- Any assignments are to be completed by the due date which means check your child’s folder regularly.
- All ministries have operating costs and your fees help with those expenditures. FULL tuition is due by the registration deadline, August 31, 2017.
STUDENT REGISTRATION for 2018-2019 has begun.
PLEASE NOTE: COMPLETED REGISTRATION includes
- STUDENT REGISTRATION FORM (ONE PER FAMILY)
- MEDICAL/EMERGENCY INFO FORM
- PICK UP AUTHORIZATION FORM
- COPY OF BIRTH AND BAPTISMAL CERTIFICATES (IF NEW TO PROGRAM)
- FULL PAYMENT BY AUGUST 30, 2018
One child $295 (includes books and supplies)
Two children $490 (includes books and supplies)
Three or more $660 (includes books and supplies)
Sacramental fee $100
RCIC $250/child Child must attend Monday sessions along with Sunday RCIC sessions with their parent
Any second or eighth grade student new to the program must provide transcripts showing successful completion of prior year(s) religious education before any placement will be made.
Parents/Guardians of students in grades K-8 who have not received one of the following sacraments: Baptism, Reconciliation, Holy Eucharist please call the Director of RE- MaryJo Landuyt at 708-687-7778.
2017 - 2018 Calendar (Click here)
2017/2018 SACRAMENTAL DATES
Preparation and Reception First Eucharist:
First Eucharist Rehearsal: Wednesday, May 2, 2018. 5 – 6 pm in the Church.
Sacrament of Eucharist: Saturday, May 5, 2018. 11:00 am Mass.
S.H.O.P. Shopping Helps Our Parish
Gift cards at dozens of stores through Great Lakes Scripts offers our school the opportunity to help our families with student tuition and fundraise at the same time. Families can benefit from normal purchases such as gas, food, clothes, Christmas shopping and other spending. Each purchase of a gift card splits a percentage between the tuition of a student and our parish. Gift cards can be purchased after each Mass and several weekdays before and after school.
Using SHOP reduces your Tuition next year!